Saturday, January 13, 2007


I did not manage to stay awake and talk to Father Christmas but he came and left me some new balls, and a ball thrower, and a big bag of Schmackos, and some special biscuits, and a whole kilo of dried liver. This picture is of me bringing back one of my new balls.


But guess what, Jesse did - she sent me a message which said "I talked to Santa last night, I waited and waited and waited, it got very late and I kept looking out the window and finally, there he was, Santa and his big dogs with things on their heads. I didn't have to open the door or anything he just came in, he drank the beer and ate the cheese and biccies that Mum had put out for him, don't tell her but I had some too, Santa always shares what he is given. He gave the dog thingies the carrots, though he did say he would rather they were given corn, carrots give the one with the red nose awful wind, and as he is the leader it can get a bit not nice when they are flying around. After he had finished eating I told him about that awful big mouth from the city that said he wasn't real, don't think he was very pleased, I told him where he was staying with his Grandma and Santa said he would go visit him, He was just going to say hello and tell him he was real but he wasn't leaving any presents for him. Can't wait to see him in the park today and hear what he has to say." That will be a shock for him


I had a really good day from lots of playing and cuddles and was happy to go to bed and go to sleep last night. It was cold here last night and it was nice curling up in my sheepskins with a full tummy from steak for dinner followed by some cheese - Jarlsberg which is my favourite, and some doggy choc drops. I slept like a log and this morning we have spent the whole morning playing ball. Ailsa is gradually worming her way back into my favour and if she keeps this up she will be OK. I don't want to see any backsliding in going off to work though. I gave her lots of cuddles since it was Christmas and to encourage her good new behaviour. Any young dogs reading this remember that if you want your humans to behave in certain ways you have to encourage them with praise and little rewards.

No comments: